Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The gift of baking.

Today I have a stock of ammunition lined up for my "bake out". Three pounds of butter await the fate of my mixers and oven. Recipes have been chosen including favorites from the past and those new to be explored.
An ingredient list is to be compiled, checking out supplies I have on hand and what is needed. Of note, flour will be finished soon and needs to be bought!!
I have two full days to accomplish all I want to get done. I have already made a batch of my son's favorite shortbread cookies, for him to take home. Another batch is needed while he is here. Ginger bread and cocoe/coconut cookies are amongst the building list of items to bake.
I had a cautioning and discussed it with my friend. "Am I showing that food is love?" I asked. " Every single birthday cake, I ever baked for my kids was baked WITH love!" she exclaimed.
Then it occured to me. As long as I did other things to express my love to my son that I loved him, baking or creating food was an act of love!
So on with the worship music! Today I am listening to my friend's Debbie Knighton Fortnom "reCOLLECTION" CD, available through CD baby or www.DebbieFortnum.com Part of her money raised goes to "poverty revolution" You can download her CD or get a hard copy!!
So come on a baking, praying, worshiping spree this upcoming thanksgiving weekend!
God bless,
The gift giver

No comments:

Post a Comment